Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Hump Day

Happy Wednesday!  Or Happy Hump Day.  Whichever you prefer :-)  

I remember when I was in college at UNH (Go Wildcats!) and telling my mother about my week.  My friend Kathy and I were responsible for snacks for our weekly floor meeting in our dorm, which was always on Wednesday and known as Hump Night.  My mother's response was something along the lines of "Wait...... What did you just say?!?"  It still makes me laugh to think about that!  But we were over the hump for the week and probably snacking on something really gourmet, like S'mores, because we had figured out that we could roast marshmallows in the dorm oven if we used the broiler :-)

Today is a Hump Day for me though for a completely different reason.  I am knitting a Wenceslas and I have crossed the half way mark!  I have 2 sleeves completed and last night I finished the right front and cast on for the left front.  And that, my friends, means that I have officially crossed the half way mark and have more done than I have left to knit.
 These are pretty lousy pictures of the pieces I have finished, but the cables are so pretty I wanted to try to show them off.
At this point I'm pretty optimistic that I'm going to have a fabulous new red sweater for the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment