Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day

Like so many people, I have family members who have served our country by being part of the military. I was hoping to find a picture of my dad to share today from when he was a handsome young man in the Navy. I didn't find a picture of my dad, but I did find one of my Pepere who served during World War 2. He passed away about 10 years ago, but I can still remember him telling us the stories of his early life.

When I was looking through the old pictures that I have I found a letter that my Memere kept from him that was still in the envelope.  It was dated 1944!  What a treasure to have found :-)

Thank you for your service Dad and Pepere!

Today is also my sister Jenn's birthday!  And it's a BIG one too.  Without giving the secret away I will just say that she's older than 30, but younger than 50 ;-)

Happy Birthday little sis!  I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment